This image reveals everything. Nature, in its simplicity and purity, is vital to our health and wellness, and this is something almost all of us can control. Below are the best ‘doctors’ in our world:
Eating a healthy diet can be life-changing irrespective of your gender or age. Balance and moderation are the bedrock of healthy diets, and our food choices have a huge impact on our health.
- Sunshine: Sunshine is beneficial to us in many ways. First, the Vitamin D it produces alongside the general excitement that comes with basking under the sun leaves the idea of sunshine a fantastic way to take care of ourselves. I could say for sure that I prefer the warm, sunny seasons to the heavy downpours!
- Water: Fortunately, some of us have adequate access to tap water for drinking, and this is something to leverage. Mineral water is also an excellent choice of drinking water even though some people can spot the difference in taste (as discussed in another post). Nevertheless, taking in two or more litres of water regularly keeps you hydrated and refreshed. More so, it eliminates toxins, optimises your energy levels, and boosts your metabolism.
- Rest: We live in a busy world, and we are all guilty of self-neglect at times. However, the impact of rest and recovery cannot be overemphasised. Thus, even on your busiest days or amid the tightest schedule, you should always set out time for at least a 20-minute power nap. Alternatively, you could consider sipping a cup of tea while relaxing on the couch. These activities help to free your mind of any stress and promote an environment conducive for creativity.
- Air: Fresh air leaves you with a pleasant feeling. Hence, it is easy to differentiate clean and fresh air from the dirty city air. Breathing in fresh air rejuvenates our bodies. Therefore, it is important to get as much as you can. It would be best to aim for daily exposure to fresh air at the very least.
- Exercise: While many people know about the role of regular exercise, only a few follow a healthy routine. The alternating hectic and lazy modern life has made exercise routine difficult for many people. Little exercises will always be better than not doing anything. You are certain to see results if you work out in the morning. It is the best way to start your day because it leaves you ready to take on life with increased energy levels.
- Diet: Eating a healthy diet can be life-changing irrespective of your gender or age. Balance and moderation are the bedrock of healthy diets, and our food choices have a huge impact on our health. It is best to have enough protein, carbohydrates, and fibres in your diet. These macronutrients are valuable and do not come with any side effects.
Adhering to these tenets coming from the ‘six doctors’ discussed above increase your life span and quality of life.
If this article has touched you and you have learned something, kindly share with your family and friends to help them leverage on these ‘best medical staff in the world.